Get the security and peace of mind you want with overdraft protection.
Account holders at Citizens State Bank may choose to sign up to participate in one of the overdraft protection programs we offer. A written agreement is required prior to participating in these overdraft protection plans.
Overdraft Protection Program
In order to participate in our Overdraft Protection Transfer Program, a customer must hold an additional checking or savings account with Citizens State Bank.
VISA Credit Card Overdraft Protection
With our VISA CREDIT CARD Overdraft Protection, there is a one-time sign-up fee of $15.00.
Ready Reserve Overdraft Protection Program
In order to participate in our Ready Reserve Overdraft Protection Program, a customer must complete a ready reserve application requesting an overdraft line, ranging from $250 up to $5,000 with approved credit.
**Citizens State Bank uses the traditional Ad Hoc review, performed by bank employees, whereby pay or return decisions are made on an item by item basis.
- If there are more than 4 items that overdraw an account, the max we will charge in one day will be $140.00.
- If the item(s) overdraw the account by $10.00 or less, the $35.00 fee will not be charged.
- If the item drawn against the account is $10.00 or less, the $35.00 fee will not be charged.
- If the transaction is initiated through an ATM or is a one-time preauthorized POS, a fee will not be charged.
- If the transaction is overdrawing a savings account, a fee will not be charged.
We will send a notice of the overdraft fee and the items that overdraw a customer’s account. We will also send information about the three types of overdraft protection plans that we offer: Overdraft Protection Program, VISA Credit Card Overdraft Protection Program, and Ready Reserve Overdraft Protection Program. If the account is overdrawn we will continue contacting the customer to repay the overdraft. Generally, if an account is still overdrawn at day 21, the account will be closed.